A place for ongoing announcements as well as a complete list of assignments for the course.
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Troubleshooting
Let's work together to try to figure out what's going on with the commenting issue some of you are having.
As future technology integration specialists, you may be asked to help with situations like this--even though they lie outside the official description of your job.
Also, since we are looking at operating systems and issues that can arise, this is a test situation for us.
Here's a link to some possible solutions that I'm exploring.
Here's another link: http://www.thethoughtsbubble.com/2011/08/commenting-on-blogger-with-internet.html
This one says that the fix is to go to settings and change to "allow anonymous users." Do you want to try that for just a few days? Then you can go back to the standard setting.
I welcome your help!
Dawn
p.s. Jen Simmons explains in a post in our WebTycho conference:
She says she "went to my dash board and on the left side it says "blog updates,' I added all of my group members there and it seemed to fix the problem. I had already added them to the blog roll prior to that but for some reason, that fixed it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am now in IE 9.0.8 and things look a little different. Below this box, I now have "Comment as: Rodney (Google) and to the right of that is the Sign out button.
ReplyDeleteLet's see what happens when I try to sent it.
Hello my name is Lev I am the one that wrote the article on The Thoughts Bubble.
ReplyDeleteIt is kind of interesting that you linked to it because I just graduated from UMUC this past pay.. small world!
Anyway - IE 7-9 seem to be incompatible with blogger. This is a new issue that is going on. The best thing to do is either switch to a different browser (Chrome and Firefox work great) or comment as an anonymous user.
The problem is that there seems to be an error in the logic that is incompatible with IE + Blogger.. every time you try to leave a comment it asks you to log in. As soon as you log in it logs you back out. You will go in this never ending cycle until you pull your hair out.
I do not think there is a fix yet.
All the best,
Lev
Lev,
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much for helping out!
You demonstrate just what part of this course is teaching--the value of social networks for learning and sharing as well as the "magic" of finding people with common backgrounds in this seemingly immense universe!
It's a pleasure to have connected with you.
Dawn Rodrigues (drodrigues@faculty.umuc.edu)